Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 17

CSA Share
From Left: eggplant, green and red peppers, assorted tomatoes, concord grapes, carrots, hot peppers, squash, corn

Menu plans:

  • eggplant, peppers and the green zebra tomatoes will go into this eggplant salad, to be served with quiche.
  • a couple of the big red tomatoes will be grated to make a quick cooked fresh tomato sauce to serve with tortellini.
  • the squash will join last week's delicata and get roasted with some rosemary and garlic and served with the corn and pork tenderloin.
  • carrots are already gone since Fiona found them...
  • I'm not a big fan of concord grapes so I'm looking for recipes that go beyond grape-jelly flavors; can't decide whether making something like this grape focaccia is worth the effort or not. If you have a great savory concord grape recipe, send it my way!
  • I've accumulated quite a few jalapeƱos (and have a few more growing in my garden) so I think I'll combine them all to make a jar of pickled pepper rings.

No comments: