Beautiful CSA box this week! From top right: summer squash and zucchini, strawberries, garlic scapes, a big bag of shelling peas, three heads of lettuce (their Boston lettuce is amazing), small bag of baby spinach, head of green cabbage.
- half the cabbage will go into my favorite coleslaw ever
- the rest of the cabbage and the garlic scapes will go into a ground pork stir fry made with lots of ginger, thai basil, cilantro and lime juice.
- the strawberries and peas are going to be eat straight and raw at a performance of Shakespeare in the Arb tonight
- the summer squash and zucchini will probably just get tossed with olive oil and red onion chunks in a basket on the grill and finished with basil and balsamic vinegar
- I think I'm getting a little sick of yogurt based dressing so will go back to my standard vinaigrette for the lettuce (chopped shallot, dijon mustard, a dab of anchovy paste, salt, pepper, a little maple syrup, sherry vinegar and a mix of olive and toasted walnut oil).