Farm Share, Week 10
- I ended up not saving enough beans to pickle any last week; despite my good intentions, my greed got the better of me and I kept steaming a handful at a time and topping them with Maldon sea salt, black pepper and Irish butter (best snack in the world!). This week there are even more beans available so I'll try to follow through and pickle a quart. Some others will also go to Green beans and Zucchini with Sauce Vert (which is terrific with salmon) and the rest will probably be demolished by my snacking.
- I picked up some fresh mozzarella and have some basil growing on the deck so some of the tomatoes will get the classic Caprese salad treatment.
- The beets will get boiled (or roasted if I have another reason to turn on the oven) and added to the lettuce, some tomatoes and cucumber for a big salad.
- I'm going to try and reproduce the beet green goat cheese pasta sauce that I made two weeks ago and see if I can come up with something reproducible, rather than just chucking things in on the fly. One of the onions will probably go in there.
- The other onion and the little bag of broccoli will get tossed into some sort of weekly stir fry.
- Still hot, still muggy, still good weather to use some cucumber for more Pimm's Cups!