Week 11 of my CSA farm share:
- The purple beans look a little tough this week so they're going to get the slow-cook treatment along with the onions: I'm going to try this recipe for Turkish-Style Braised Green Beans topped with yogurt and mint.
- The green beans will be used in this recipe for Blistered Green Beans with Garlic and Miso.
- Two cucumbers will go into this cucumber feta salad.
- The basil and some garlic will go into a small batch of pesto that'll be tossed with pasta and blanched, chopped beet greens, blanched broccoli and toasted walnuts. The beetroot will accompany the pasta as a simple side salad with onion, walnut oil, some of the parsley and a little red wine vinegar.
- The tomatoes, green pepper, third cucumber and rest of the parsley will be used in a quinoa tabouli.
- I'm going to see if there are some tomato seconds available at the farmer's market so I can make and can a batch of salsa with the habaneros (that's a lot of habaneros though...I might need to figure out something else to do with some of them. Ideas anyone?)
- The kids will eat the watermelon and romaine lettuce (yay!)