Friday, February 06, 2009

Not dead (yet)

When you start getting calls from friends far away and e-mails from folks across town wondering if the blog-silence means you are dead or in some serious crisis, then I guess it is a sign that you've been neglecting your blog.

So what happened to me? January. And February.

I was so crazed in January that I didn't notice it had become February. I only figured it out when the small critter, whose birthday is at the end of February, started her daily "how many days until my birthday" request and the number I would respond with indicated that, by golly, January must have ended a little while ago.

The good thing about all that chaotic energy that was expended is that I made it through one of my hardest months without really noticing it. Time really did zoom by while I scurried from one demand to another and I hardly noticed the hostility of the climate.

So hopefully, now that things have quieted down a bit, I'll have some posts coming--I read some great books in the past month, have been plugging away at the writing with mostly positive results and need some knitting advice from more experienced knitters (if there still are any out there who read this blog). Cooking? Eh, not so much. A crazed schedule did not lead to culinary marvels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good! I'm glad you are alive and well.
I hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I missed you and your posts. People who share having obsessions (and caring for children, occasionally connecting with your partner) tend to understand.

Welcome back.

Reader from Tallahassee