Sunday, November 01, 2009

Throwing down the gauntlet


I've signed up and I'm going to do it: the National Novel Writing Month challenge!

After reading Stephanie Perkinsparticularly compelling recruitment post, I decided this might just be what I need to get that completed draft cranked out before the end of the year.

It's tempting to procrastinate and write a long meditative post about what I hope will come out of the experience, but the clock is ticking and I have 6,387 more words to spit out today!  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Maria said...

As a two time veteran (both prior to the arrival of my son!), I'd advise "slow and steady" -- write your quota every day or it gets crazy. It's great fun though!

Anamaria (bookstogether) said...

Good luck! I am a big NaNo loser (I think I gave up on Day 2 once), so if you figure out how to make it work, please let me know!