Monday, March 21, 2005

culinary repentence

Tonight we're having vegetarian Indian food: A sweet potato and red lentil dal, veggie studded rice and raita. Should help scour out some of the fabulous fats we consumed on Saturday night (see pics in previous post). Also, I have all the ingredients in the house except cilantro and that makes for a quick and easy trip to the store with the two rugrats. We're going out of town for a week starting Friday so I need to do the empty-out-the-fridge-of-all-that-will-rot excercise.

On the knitting front, I'm hoping to finish the back of the mustard cardigan while grading comps today. Then it's just the sleeves to go and the fun part, crocheting the edge with the hand spun, grass green, kid mohair I bought a few years ago at the Fleece Fair.

Writing-wise, maybe I'll have time after I turn in my bundle of comps this week to work on the edits of the Camping Close to Home piece. The editor at the Community Observer sent it back with his edits and a few questions in record time (like an hour or two after I sent it to him) but I haven't had a chance to open the file yet.

Reading--I don't have a lot of time for reading with it being comp season, but there is a William Trevor story in the latest issue of the New Yorker that I'll get to this week and Ami lent me the book Blindness by Jose Saramago. I got to page 10 last night and already it is dense, intense and fascinating. I'm breathing a sigh of relief that this book may engage a neglected part of my brain, because I'm pretty fed up with the other stuff I've been reading. Not sure if I'm going to finish the Smiley Good Faith book or not now.

No comments: