Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ginormous

Did you know that "ginormous" was recently added to the Merriam-Webster dictionary?

Good thing too since I have the perfect opportunity to use the word when addressing blueberries I picked today:
On the left is Mr. Ginormous The Insane Berry and on the right is a "typical" berry. There were way more of the Mr. Ginormous berries than the "typical" berries at the Dexter Blueberry Farm where I picked about 3.5 lbs ($1.35/lb) in about 40 minutes.

And lest you think that anything that large must be watery and flavorless (as I've found huge strawberries to be when compared to their petite brethren) these babies have lots of flavor. In fact the flesh to skin ratio means that they have less of a sharp, acidic bite to them and taste even better raw. I just made a batch of the Lemon Prune whole grain muffins and substituted blueberries for the prunes so as soon as I get the kettle going and make myself some tea, I'll be able to report back on how they taste when cooked.

No comments: