Tuesday, April 14, 2009

toast

My toast t-shirt that I recently purchased from Threadless (during their $5 sale) has been making me absurdly happy.

It is really hard to be a grouch, even on a day like today when it is pissing rain, when wearing this shirt. I just look down and smile at the happy toast spreading on the jam. What could be nicer?

And then I go make myself (another) piece of toast. Right now I'm working my way through a loaf of my new favorite bread-for-toast: Zingerman's 8-grain 3-seed bread, a bread that is equally good with thick cut orange marmalade and sharp cheddar cheese.

Maybe not such a good t-shirt for people on low carb diets, but awfully good for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard the "TOAST!!!" song by Heywood Banks? It's awesome.

Toast rocks. I can eat bread again on Thursday. I can't wait. (I've slipped on the beer this Passover, but I have stayed away from bread except for a roll on Sunday)