From left to right: Onions, parsley, dill, arugula, English shelling peas, new potatoes, two heads of red oak lettuce, basil, sugar snap peas, fava beans, garlic, beets, yellow summer squash, two bunches of red Russian kale, kohlrabi
I'm still working on the damn kitchen, though at least it is moderately functional. So I'm going to limit the rhapsodizing about how beautiful these vegetables are and move right on to what I'm going to do with them.
- Tonight: grilled lamb chops, sauteed snap peas with mint, red oak lettuce and arugula salad and new potatoes with dill.
- Shelling peas with the first basil pesto of the year and pasta (homemade or dried, depending on the energy level...)
- Calabacitas with the yellow squash and some of the onions served with grilled steak and green rice.
- Main course salad using more of the lettuce, parsley, beets, and onions supplemented with cucumbers from the market, grilled or canned tuna, feta and olives and served with arugula and fava bean crostini.
- Roasted kohlrabi, sauteed kale and some form of protein. I'm hankering for tofu but can't quite figure out a compatible flavor profile. Ideas anyone?
- More kale chips for snacking.
- Not sure what to do with the beet greens this week, other than basic saute with garlic....