Top row: baby oak-leaf lettuce, beets and greens, head of lettuce, onion, garlic, rainbow chard
Bottom row: sorrel, cabbage, zucchini and summer squash, green and yellow beans, cucumber, new potatoes
- The sorrel is already gone, having disappeared into a wonderful omelet with feta cheese shortly after coming through my door.
- Tonight we'll have a Nicoise-ish salade compose with new potatoes, beans, beets, cucumber, lettuce, radishes, hard boiled egg and tuna.
- The chard and beet greens will get sauteed and drizzled with some of the leftover chili vinaigrette that I still have in the fridge from a couple of weeks ago, and topped with either goat cheese or feta.
- The cabbage will become coleslaw. The rest of the potatoes and and some of the (huge) onion will become potato salad and we'll serve them with some grilled chicken thighs and corn on the cob. Sometimes it's fun to have traditional summer picnic fare.
- The zucchini and summer squash, along with more of the beans, some onion, any cabbage that might be left from the cole slaw and tofu will get steamed, put on a bed of rice and topped with peanut sauce.