I made a lot of pesto last week and while I could freeze some of it, I'm not sick of it (yet). Since I'm also feeling a little lazy this week, my plans for excess veg that aren't needed for specific recipes consist of barely cooking the veg in question and then plopping on a little pesto. I think that treatment is in store for pretty much everything in the above photo except the cucumbers, onions and ground cherries. Pesto on corn on the cob is really pretty amazing.
- A big salad with tomatoes, cucumber, and blanched green beans topped with sautéed cumin chicken and tahini sauce/dressing (this tahini lemon sauce thinned a little with water so it is pourable). If it feels sane to turn on the oven I plan make homemade pita bread to go with it.
- Basil and tomatoes and fresh mozzarella will go into a caprese salad served with flattened, sautéed chicken breasts, sautéed zucchini and onions (long slow cooking which caramelizes the squash and onions and makes them velvety) and a side of pasta.
- Zucchini corn feta fritters (this recipe with corn added), yogurt garlic sauce, cucumber tomato salad with sumac.
- Burger night (boring, I know, but sometimes fast and boring is the way to go) with steamed green beans and corn.
- Broccoli, beans and any tomatoes that are still around will get tossed into pasta with some pesto.
- Ground cherries (relative of the tomatillo but that taste like a cross between a cherry tomato and a pineapple) are for snacking straight up.