I was away for a few days and this was this morning's haul from the garden: two zucchini, a bag of wax and romano beans, dill, chard, lots of tomatoes (green zebra, carmelo, brandywine and a container full of sungold cherry), one green and two red peppers, and a bundle of sunflowers
This is what August looks like around here and I could not be happier.
In the old tradition of my CSA hauls, here's what I plan to do with some of it:
- chard wrapped greek yogurt pies (also uses the dill)
- grilled naan and tomato party (probably served with this excellent Indian chicken curry with potatoes)
- slow roasted cherry tomatoes (I've already made two batches: they freeze well)
- slow cooked Greek green beans (fasolakia) to eat with pork souvlaki
- if there are any tomatoes left after our snacking, I'll probably make a batch of this gazpacho