Sunday, May 01, 2005

Yarn: The Music Video, and I'll show you my crema if you show me yours...

Knitting is trendy enough to play a starring role in a French music video of a song called "Ta Douleur" (Your Pain): a persistent piece of blue yarn keeps knitting itself onto the young female singer. It must be seen to be believed.
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=10042
Some very gracious knitter made that long dress with the extremely long sleeves and allowed it to be unraveled over and over (I figure that's how they did the filming, by unraveling and playing the tape backwards so it looks like it is magically knitting itself on sans needles--clever, eh?)

And back to the espresso subject--here is a photo example of the lovely crema that my aforementioned Saeco Espresso Classico made this morning with the Amazing Beans coffee. It took all my will power to take a picture before consuming it.

mmmmm crema

I've found that by tamping the ground coffee extra hard into the filter basket, I can make up for the slightly coarser grind. I have promised Lynne a thorough tutorial with my machine when her replacement machine arrives. I might have to order some decaf from Amazing Beans if we are to make numerous shots and not end up swinging from the light fixtures...

Anyone have some good recipes of deserts to make with fresh espresso? I'm thinking something along the line of espresso creme brulee or chocolate espresso cake. Most coffee flavored deserts call for instant espresso, but I'm looking for a way to use the fresh stuff. Maybe we'll just stick with one of my favorite simple deserts--scoops of good vanilla ice cream that one dumps espresso over right before eating. If you need some inspiration, watch Juliette Binoche do just that in the film Trois Couleurs: Bleu. I love that movie.

No comments: