Sunday, March 13, 2005

And Back to the Kitchen

It's been almost a week since Brian's dad died and the outpouring of support from our friends has been wonderful. We've been spending a lot of time with Brian's mom and food has slipped to the back burner. Normally I cook when under stress, but we've been doing the take-out tango this week. But it is time to go back in the kitchen (and time for a break from pizza...). I'm going to skim one of my favorite cook books, Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, and see if anything new catches my attention. We aren't vegetarian, but most of the recipes are so damn good in this book that you don't miss the meat (at least I don't, but I was a vegetarian for many years; my meat-loving husband sometimes feels the need to supplement what I make with a grilled chicken breast.)

I watched a movie on DVD last night and can't recommend it highly enough: The Incident at Loch Ness. It's a mockumentary about my favorite director, Werner Herzog, supposedly filming a documentary about the Loch Ness Monster. It reminded me of the film Lost in La Mancha which was a real documentary about a failed
Terry Gilliam movie. This one was funnier (since it was a mockumentary about mock movie) and had lots of Herzog moments.

No comments: